The Rugged Outdoors
The Rugged Outdoors
Being up in the mountains is quite an experience. There are so many things to do whether it be hunting, fishing, or hiking. Studies show that being outdoors makes us feel happier, more alive. In our technological obsessed world, it’ snice to unplug every once in a while and take in the fresh air.
Hunting is an extremely popular pastime in the United States, whether you’re doing it for sport or food, maybe a little of both. Evidence shows hunting goes back as far as 2 million years ago. Back then, it was for survival, but now it has turned into a sport or a recreational hobby. In 2015, over 14 million hunting licenses were purchased. In most states, right now is prime hunting season. It usually starts in August up through October. Each state has their own set of rules for when open season is. They have to make sure the different species are at maximum population.
There is an art to fishing. Knowing when the best times to go make quite a difference in your chances of catching something. According to some, the moon, tides and the sun have a lot to do with it. Going at sunrise or sunset, or when the moon is full means the tides are higher than normal, which means the fish tend to feed more.
National Hunting and Fishing day falls on Saturday, September 24th this year. It is on the 4th Saturday in September as a day to simply enjoy the art of hunting and fishing.
Maybe hunting and fishing aren’t your thing? Many of us love to go up to the mountains to hike, camp or for wildlife viewing. It’s a great reason to get out of the city and get in touch with nature. Depending on where you live, there are so many options for heading to the great outdoors. Avid hikers and wildlife watchers can spend quite a bit of money on equipment, but for the most part, you need very minimal items to enjoy being outdoors.
Our Serinium jewelry offers several styles of outdoorsy, rugged styles from our camouflage and antler inlays to animal engravings such as elk, deer, fish or any type of animal tracks. What kind of outdoors person are you?
Serinium® ring characteristics:
- Serinium ® is ultra-hard and will last a lifetime. Its brilliant white color will never tarnish, oxidize or yellow.
- Serinium ® wedding bands are Comfort Fit bands for ultimate wearability, whether your activity is trail running, fishing, water sports, hunting, hiking, or winter outdoor activities.
- Serinium ® is the next generation jewelry metal that moves beyond gold and platinum to new heights of beauty, durability and sustainability.
- Serinium ® is hypoallergenic.
- Serinium ® is covered by a lifetime warranty and size exchange policy.
- Serinium ® is protected by U.S. Patent No. 9,289,037
We’re ready to connect with you and get social!